Legal services offered:
Legal services offered
The resolution of commercial and personal civil disputes through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or court proceedings to include such matters as:
- Contractual issues and disputes
- Partnership issues and disputes
- Civil fraud
- Company issues and disputes
- Professional negligence
- Building/construction disputes
- Contentious Probate [e.g. testamentary capacity: undue influence; Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975]
- Intellectual property disputes
- Recovery of monies claimed
- Enforcement of judgments
- Detailed analysis of existing or proposed contracts, to include re-drafting if necessary
General and practical legal advice
Where litigation becomes a necessity, we remain alert at all times to the possibilities of resolving matters to the best advantage of our clients through strong negotiation or some form of alternative dispute resolution (e.g. mediation). Our approach with clients is friendly and clear with firm advice being given.
What you can expect from us:
- We will give you clear and understandable advice
- We will discuss your aims and preferences and help you decide upon clear objectives
- We will advise upon tactics and prospects of success
- We will deal with your questions quickly
- We will always endeavour to return telephone calls and deal with emails promptly
- We will keep you up to date with progress of your matter
The differences - why use us?
We are friendly, very experienced and approachable.
Litigation (or the threat of it) can represent an enormous and unwelcome distraction from the day to day management of a business or life in general. It is crucial that you are able to maintain your focus of either managing your business or otherwise being able to get on with life.
We are happy to provide clients with the choice as to whether we visit them in their own premises/homes to save them the disruption of having to attend a solicitors’ office. If these are located within 15 miles of Norwich, we do not make a charge for the travelling time involved.
We ensure a fast and efficient response and reporting at the very earliest opportunity by phone, text or email.
If you choose to use our ‘lawsonline’ service, then it couldn’t be easier through adopting steps 1, 2 and 3. (1) You submit the online enquiry form via our separate website www.lawsonline.co.uk (2) if we can help, we provide you with a quote (3) if you accept the quote, then we do the work for you.
Through the use of technology and efficient working practices, we have reduced our overheads in order to be more cost effective for our clients and ensuring that our fee levels remain competitive.
In keeping with other firms, we charge by the hour but we are always willing to discuss alternatives as befit the nature of the case. This might for example include assisting you under an unbundled structure if required and appropriate.
Our terms and conditions of business in the form of a client care letter are agreed in advance of matters proceeding beyond an initial interview and will set out the nature of the instructions received, our preliminary advice and the action to be taken.