Legal services offered:
Legal services offered
The resolution of commercial and personal civil disputes through negotiation, mediation, arbitration or court proceedings to include such matters as:
- Contractual issues and disputes
- Partnership issues and disputes
- Civil fraud
- Company issues and disputes
- Professional negligence
- Building/construction disputes
- Contentious Probate [e.g. testamentary capacity: undue influence; Inheritance (Provisions for Family and Dependants) Act 1975]
- Property disputes [e.g. possession proceedings; landlord and tenant]
- Intellectual property disputes
- Debt recovery and enforcement
Contracts - Drafting or re-drafting new contracts or detailed analysis of existing or proposed contracts.
General legal and practical business advice
Where litigation becomes a necessity, we remain alert at all times to the possibilities of resolving matters to the best advantage of our client through strong negotiation or some form of alternative dispute resolution (e.g. mediation). Our approach with clients is friendly and clear with firm advice being given.
What you can expect from us:
- We will give you clear and understandable advice
- We will discuss your aims and preferences and help you decide upon clear objectives
- We will advise upon tactics and prospects of success
- We will deal with your questions quickly
- We will always endeavour to return telephone calls and deal with emails promptly
- We will keep you up to date with progress of your matter
The differences - why use us?
We are friendly, very experienced and approachable.
Litigation (or the threat of it) can represent an enormous and unwelcome distraction from the day to day management of a business. It is crucial that you are able to maintain your focus of managing your business.
We are happy to provide clients with the choice as to whether we visit them in their own premises/homes to save them the disruption of having to attend a solicitors’ office. If these are located within 15 miles of Norwich, we do not make a charge for the travelling time involved.
We ensure a fast and efficient response and reporting at the very earliest opportunity by phone, text or email.
Through the use of technology and efficient working practices, we have streamlined the business to an extent that our overheads are less than those of conventional solicitors’ practices. This ensures that our fee levels remain competitive.
In keeping with other firms, we charge by the hour but we are always willing to discuss alternatives as befit the nature of the case.
Our terms and conditions of business in the form of a client care letter are agreed in advance of matters proceeding beyond an initial interview and will set out the nature of the instructions received, our preliminary advice and the action to be taken.