Justin Barker (Consultant Solicitor)
Justin has been working alongside David since 2013. Since qualifying as a barrister in 2001, becoming a solicitor in 2004, he has practised as a specialist in contentious property law throughout his career, mostly in London. He has gained wide experience of property disputes of many different kinds as well as issues arising in transactions, insolvencies and other situations.
He has often given seminars in his specialist fields, including for the training programme of the LPA Receivers' association, NARA.
Justin's expertise covers the full range of property law, in particular:
- Landlord-and-tenant disputes of all kinds
- Issues over easements, especially rights of way and rights to light, restrictive covenants, nuisance, adverse possession and boundaries, and common land
- Residential long-leasehold: leasehold enfranchisement, disrepair, management and service-charge disputes, RTM, tenants' right of pre-emption and proceedings in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal as well as the courts
- Property contract disputes: development and sale agreements
- Trusts of land and co-ownership disputes.
- Commercial landlord-and-tenant disputes, especially in relation to service charges, dilapidations, management issues such as the exercise of a break option, forfeiture, insolvency, landlord's consent to assignments, sub-letting and alterations, lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 and rent review
- Mortgage disputes
- Housing possession and disrepair, chiefly on behalf of large landlords in both the public and private sectors
- Professional negligence claims related to property
Justin has lived in Norfolk with his wife and two children since 2012.
Contact Justin Barker
Tel: 01603 871126 | Mob: 07814 19466 | Email: email@example.com